Lesbians, Vegetarians, Atheists, and Feminists. If you're not scared off by now, stay and read a few more things I have to say.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Update on Me

I'm stressed about work. This is not some sort of unique story, and I certainly don't bring any unique perspective to it. It's mostly a matter of too much to do, and not enough time to do it. Same old work story. But, for me, to make matters worse, my "to do"s involve real people's lives and crises - and so my guilt eats away at me every day for somehow not making each minute last an hour.

I also got an update on my abusive exes: apparently, they are planning on getting married. Somehow, it still makes me sick to my stomach to hear about them. And, I keep hoping that they will break up - and not for the reasons that they should (since I'm certain my ex-girlfriend is still being physically and sexually assaulted), but just because I want to be proven right that they wouldn't last. It's selfish thinking, and childish, but everything about that relationship brought out the worst in me.

So, between those two things, I'm feeling frustrated and upset. But, I'm hoping that I can put things into perspective, soon. I can recognize that I have a wonderful, loving fiancee, so it shouldn't matter if two other people are miserable together. I can also accept that there is only so much that I can do, and the rest is out of my control.

Boring blog post, I know. But, it's good to get it out, sometimes. Next time, I promise I'll post something less personal and more external.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear work is back to being all too stressful. I hope that passes soon.

    Don't worry about talking about yourself. In the first place, you're an interesting person. In the second place, knowing a bit about you makes it a lot easier to understand your views.

    ReplyDelete