Lesbians, Vegetarians, Atheists, and Feminists. If you're not scared off by now, stay and read a few more things I have to say.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Stonewall Kitchen

Like most people, I've been trying to become more of a localivore.

For years, now, I've been enjoying local produce from farms where the food is grown usually only a mile or two from my doorstep. But, sometimes, you need something a little bit more decadent than corn and green beans.

So, I was pretty thrilled when my trip to Portsmouth (while I was sick, yes) this weekend included a stop at a Stonewall Kitchen store. They've been in existence for about twenty years now and they are a lot more than just jam (although, those are pretty amazing).

While I was there, I picked up some of the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
...and, yes, it is freaking good as it sounds. You'll want to eat it with a spoon, but, to be dignified instead, use it drizzled on some green apples or dip in a pretzel or two.

My girlfriend, who is more interested in the spicy and salty flavors, fell in love with the Raspberry Salsa. It was a touch too spicy for me, but I have a 'delicate' palate.

So, here I am, without getting any free giveaways or making a commission, promoting their products. If you live in New England, make a trip to one of their stores. If you live outside the area, you could go ahead and order some products online, but it might make sense to find something as equally delicious in your own backyard (although, if no one makes Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Sauce in your neighborhood, I'd forgive you for breaking down and having it shipped - it truly is too good to pass up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment